Chapter 4: Married couples must also embrace the call to conversion and recognize that their marriage will be the privileged place wherein they will work out their salvation.
- The Devils Footprints (Mills & Boon M&B)!
- A Daring Promise: A Spirituality of Christian Marriage, Richard Gaillardetz, Ph.D.!
- Publisher's Summary.
- You Feel Sleepy! 14 Remedies for Insomnia?
- A Daring Promise : Richard R Gaillardetz : .
- Project MUSE - A Daring Promise: A Spirituality of Christian Marriage (review);
- Essay on A Daring Promise: A Spirituality Of Christian Marriage.;
Chapter 5: Reflections avoid both an overly romantic treatment of marital sexuality and the reduction of sex to procreative obligations. Chapter 6: Marriage is a vocation to Christian mission. One's obligations as parents are an invitation to create in the home a school for Christian discipleship.
Gaillardetz creatively draws on the deep wisdom of our Christian tradition while reflecting on the lived experience of marriage. Written with a refreshing sense of candor and humor, this book is informative, lively, and personal, providing wonderful insight into the daring adventure of Christian marriage. Richard R.
- Get Thin by Skipping the Gym: Creating a Healthier You, the Natural Way;
- On Angels Wings.
- The Art of War of Bernadotte;
- Protein Shakes and Smoothies Recipes (Kama Healthy Recipes Collection).
- Account Options!
- A Daring Promise : A Spirituality of Christian Marriage by Richard R. Gaillardetz (2002, Paperback).
- Don’t Shoot! I’m a Backpacker: Raw Travel Italy (A Novella) (The Adventures of a Greenman Book 12)!
- A Daring Promise: a Spirituality of Christian Marriage.!
Thomas Graduate School of Theology in Houston from to He has written numerous articles and books. Gaillardetz was a Catholic delegate on the U. Catholic-Methodist Dialogue He served on the Board of Directors of the Catholic Theological Society of America , and in June he was elected vice-president. He has received numerous awards from the Catholic Press Association for his writing and in received the Sophia Award, which is offered annually by the faculty of the Washington Theological Union in recognition of a theologian's contributions to the life of the Church.
Gaillardetz is a popular speaker at theological and pastoral conferences.
A Daring Promise: A Spirituality of Christian Marriage (Unabridged)
He is married to Diana Gaillardetz, and they are the parents of four boys. A professor of Catholic studies reads a rich and compassionate essay on how modern marriage can be framed within the laws and blessings of traditional Christianity. The presentation is a journey into the topography of marriage--a partnership in which our spouse is less someone who fulfills desires than one who cajoles and demands that we grow as individuals.
The author is a careful teacher who talks about many facets of married life--parenting, sex, emotional intimacy, emotional loss, and salvation. He excels at placing the demands of marriage in a spiritual context and showing how the Church supports our struggle to grow.
We marry because we seek growth; this audio convinces us that, with thoughtful effort, we will. Convert currency.
Ebook A Daring Promise: A Spirituality of Christian Marriage Free Online KOMP - Video Dailymotion
Add to Basket. Compare all 6 new copies.
Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed. Your points will be added to your account once your order is shipped. Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
What is Kobo Super Points?
Christian marriage offers the daring proposition that, inspired by faith, two people might unconditionally bind themselves together for life without destroying each other in the process This revised and updated edition offers a set of honest and penetrating reflections on the challenges of living faithful Christian marriage today. Help Centre. My Wishlist Sign In Join. Be the first to write a review.